And the “I WILL”s
When God presents himself and people start to get close, fear strikes the people.
You can run away and build your own idols.
Or, as one of His chosen, you can hear His words.
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
13 For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.
This is what God promises as one of His chosen:
- I will strengthen you. (Isaiah 41:10)
- I will help you. (Isaiah 41:10; 41:13-14)
- I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- I will make you into a new threshing sledge with sharp teeth. (Isaiah 41:15)
- I will open rivers in desolate heights. (Isaiah 41:18)
- I will make the wilderness a pool of water. (Isaiah 41:18)
- I will plant in the wilderness the cedar and the acacia tree. (Isaiah 41:19)
- I will set in the desert the cypress tree. (Isaiah 41:19)
- I will give to Jerusalem one who brings good tidings. (Isaiah 41:27)