Spiritual Gift Self Assessment: Putting Your Gifts To Use
For each of the 60 questions which follow, circle the number that corresponds with the response that most closely matches how you perceive yourself. Categories are presented diagonally, across the top of the inventory.
* 4, consistently true
* 3, frequently true
* 2, occasionally true
* 1, infrequently true
* 0, rarely true
You might also ask a person who is close to you to score the inventory with, and for, you. Their perception of your strengths may be useful in identifying the gifts with which you have been truly blessed. After responding to each question, turn to the scoring grid on page six to analyze your results.
1. When presented a goal, I immediately think of steps that need to be taken in order to achieve the desired results.
2. I express myself through artistic means.
3. My faith requires me to seek out God’s will and purpose in all circumstances that arise in my life.
4. I am able to convey the Gospel message to non-believers in ways that they are able to easily understand.
5. I am moved by those who through conflict or sorrow are wavering in faith.
6. I am certain of the spirit’s presence in my life and the lives of others.
7. I am blessed by God each day and gladly respond to these blessings by giving liberally of my time and money.
8. I enjoy meeting new people and becoming acquainted with them.
9. I know that God hears and responds to my daily prayers.
10. I feel compelled to learn as much as I can about the Bible and faith.
11. I am a take charge person. When others follow my direction, the goal or task will be completed.
12. When I see a person in need, I am moved to assist them.
13. I love to sing and enjoy inspiring others through song.
14. I find joy and express myself by playing a musical instrument.
15. I am motivated to provide spiritual leadership to those who are on a faith journey.
16. I like working behind the scenes to ensure projects are successful.
17. I enjoy working with my hands in a trade or skill that required considerable experience to perfect.
18. My great joy is to communicate biblical truth in such a way that it becomes real and understood by others.
19. When a challenge is presented, I am usually able to identify an appropriate solution.
20. I am able to take a thought or idea and put it into a clear and inspiring written form.
21. I enjoy organizing thoughts, ideas, hopes and dreams into a specific plan of action.
22. I can translate into artistic form what I first see in my imagination.
23. I have assisted others as they sought to discern whether or not their personal decisions were helpful and in accord with God’s will for their lives.
24. I enjoy being with non-believers and like having the opportunity to encourage them to faith and commitment.
25. When I know someone is facing a crisis, I feel compelled to provide support and care.
26. My trust in the Spirit’s presence, when I encounter times of personal crisis, is a source of strength for others.
27. I manage my time and money so that I am able to give much of it to the work of the church or other organizations.
28. I am often asked to open my home for small group gatherings or social occasions.
29. I often become so absorbed in my prayer life that the door bell or phone can ring and I will not hear it.
30. Not one day would be complete without biblical study and thought.
31. When I am in a group, others will often look to me for direction.
32. I feel an urgency to provide housing for the homeless, food for the starving, comfort for those in distress.
33. I have sung before groups and felt a real sense of God’s presence.
34. By my playing a musical instrument, inspiration has been provided for both myself and others.
35. I have responsibility for providing spiritual guidance to an individual believer or group of believers.
36. People tell me that without my willingness to do the unnoticed jobs, their work would be more difficult.
37. I am good at building, repairing, or restoring things and find satisfaction in doing so.
38. I want to express my faith by assisting others to discover the truths contained in the Bible.
39. People come to me for help in applying Christian faith and values to personal situations.
40. I often feel moved to write about my thoughts and feelings so others may benefit from them.
41. I have been successful in organizing, directing and motivating people to achieve a goal.
42. My artistic work has given spiritual strength to both believer and non-believer.
43. In the congregation, I am often asked if a direction being discussed is in accord with God’s will and purpose.
44. I do not find it difficult to share what Jesus means to me with non-believers.
45. Those who are struggling with life questions have come to me for guidance and help.
46. I can see great things happening in my congregation and am not derailed by the pessimism of others.
47. When I receive money unexpectedly, one of my first thoughts is to share this gift through the church.
48. I enjoy welcoming guests and helping them to feel at ease.
49. Believers have asked me to pray for healing in their lives, and have evidenced God’s healing power.
50. My study of the Bible has proven helpful to others in their faith journey.
51. People have said they like to work with me because the task will be successfully completed.
52. People have been surprised by how at ease I am while working with those who are suffering in mind, body or spirit.
53. I am grateful and humbled that my singing has provided inspiration and hope for others on their faith journey.
54. Others have told me they were moved by my playing a musical instrument.
55. People have come to me for spiritual help and it has developed into a long-term relationship.
56. When I turn out the lights, take tables down, work in the kitchen or put chairs away, I feel that I have served the Lord.
57. My knowledge of building, maintenance or repair has been a special value to the church and others.
58. Students have told me that I can take the most difficult idea or concept and make it understandable.
59. When direction is needed at work or in the congregation, I am generally asked for my opinion.
60. My written work has been helpful to others in understanding life’s truths.
Congregation Council, Finance Staff, Sunday School Superintendent, Vacation Bible School Coordinator, Business Manager
Banner Making, Drama Club/Clown Ministry/Puppetry, Film/Photography Work, Crafts/Handicrafts, Decorating Team, Set/Props Design Team
Congregation Council, Long Range Planning Team, Social Ministry Team, Peer Counseling, Support Group Facilitator
Prospective Member Visitation, Evangelism Team, Advertising and Marketing, New Member Sponsor, Community Visitation
Mutual Ministry Team, Hospital/Home/Institution Visitation, Telecare Ministry, Peer Counseling, Small Group Leader
Congregational President, Stewardship Team, Long Range Planning Team, Teacher/Bible study leader
Capital Campaign Steering Team, Stewardship Team, Volunteer Coordination, Giving Personal Testimony
Greeter/Usher, New Member Sponsor, In-Home Bible Study Host, Visitor Welcome/Information Center, Banquet Server, Fellowship Hour Host/Server
Prayer Chain, Prayer Partner, Prayer Families/Prayer Circles
Parish Resource-Library Coordinator, Nominating Team, Long Range Planning Team, Congregation Council
Sunday School Superintendent, Committee Chairperson (all types), Fellowship Activity Coordinator, Vacation Bible School Coordinator, Congregational President, Speaker-Special Events
Home/Hospital/Institution Visitation, Transportation to Worship/Bible Study, Social Ministry Team, Support Group Leader, Telecare Minister
Band Leader/Member, Choir Pianist, Special Event Music, Substitute Organist, Vacation Bible School-Music Program
Church Choir, Vocal Ensemble, Sunday School Song Leader, Vacation Bible School Song Leader
O) Pastoring (Shepherding):
Adult In-Home Bible Study Leader, New Member Sponsor, Young-Adult Counselor, Small Group Leader, Telecare Minister
P) Service (Helps):
Computer Programmer/Data Entry, Newsletter Collation, P.A./Sound System Technician, Tape Recording Worship Services, Child Care, Building/Grounds Upkeep, Kitchen Cleaning Team, Providing Transportation
Q) Skilled Crafts:
Building Maintenance/Upkeep, Electrical/Masonry/Plumbing/Roofing, Mechanical Repair/Maintenance, Audio/Visual Operator and Repair, Computer Maintenance, Web-Page Developer
Adult Bible Class Teacher, Sunday School Teacher, Teen Bible Class Teacher, Vacation Bible School Teacher, Conference/Seminar Leader
Long Range Planning Team, Congregation Council, Peer Counselor, Support Group Leader, Mutual Ministry Team
Newsletter Article Writer, Newsletter Editor, Public Relations/Publicity Committee, Letter Writing