Due to the upcoming weather conditions, Tuesday Night Prayer will be canceled this week.
Please be safe everyone.
To add to the list, I’ve also put together a list of some other resources (below) that may also be applicable or relevant, particularly for students. Even though there is no TNP this week, we encourage you to pray from your homes as we are united as the body of Christ and are with each other in spirit. Feel free to contact us by email or phone etc if you need anything. Be safe and pray for the safety of others, but remember above all else that God is in control.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Below are some safety tips & important info I pulled from philly.com
DOs & DONTs – For more safety tips click here
1. Listen to the radio or TV for information. (KYW1060)
2. Secure your home, close storm shutters and secure outdoor objects or bring them indoors.
3. Turn off utilities if instructed to do so. Otherwise, turn the refrigerator thermostat to its coldest setting and keep its doors closed.
4. Turn off propane tanks
5. Ensure a supply of water for sanitary purpose such as cleaning and flushing toilets. Fill the bathtub and other larger containers with water.
6. Stay indoors during the hurricane and away from windows and glass doors.
7. Close all interior doors – secure and brace external doors: Keep curtains and blinds closed. Do not be fooled if there is a lull; it could be the eye of the storm – winds will pick up again.
8. Lie on the floor under a table or another sturdy object.
9. Take refuge in a small interior room, closet or hallway on the lowest level.
10. Do not use your phone during a hurricane except for emergencies.
11. Avoid elevators.
Essential Numbers to Call during the Storm:
Atlantic City Electric: 1-800-833-7476
New Jersey Transit: 1-973-275-5555
Peco customer service: 1-800-494-4000
Peco emergency: 1-800-841-4141
Philadelphia Gas Works: 215-235-1212
Philadelphia Water Department: 215-685-6300
Verizon Communications: 1-800-837-4966
Extra Resources (Just In Case)
Live Coverage of Hurricane Sandy: www.youtube.com/TheWeatherChannel
Preparedness Information Provided By FEMA: www.ready.gov/hurricanes
Septa Severe Weather Plan/Suspension of Service Notice: http://www.septa.org/service/weather.html
Septa Twitter Feeds: http://www.septa.org/alert/twitter.html
Septa System Status: http://www.septa.org/realtime/status/system-status.shtml
Upenn Alert Website: http://www.publicsafety.upenn.edu/
Essential Services Information: http://www.publicsafety.upenn.edu/safetytips/essential-services
Emergency Number for Updates on Hurricane: 215-898-MELT (215-898-6358)
Emergencies (and transportation to the hospital): 215/573-3333 or 511 (from any campus phone)
Special Services: 215/898-6600
CAPS On-Call Clinician: 215-349-5490
Student Health Service Provider (medical advice/consultation): 215-746-3535
Walking: 215/898-WALK (9255)
Penn Transit Ride Service: 215/898-RIDE (7433)
General Information: 215/898-7297
UPDATE OCTOBER 28, 2012 9:30AM: CLASSES CANCELLED FOR MONDAY AND TUESDAY
Due to severe weather that is predicted to accompany the arrival of Hurricane Sandy, all classes at the University of Pennsylvania are cancelled for Monday, October 29 and Tuesday, October 30. Classes will resume with a normal schedule on Wednesday, October 31.
Penn’s Crisis Management Team continues to monitor the situation, and extensive preparations have been taken to ensure the safety of students and others who will be on campus during the storm.
This is a major storm that will bring high winds and significant rain to the area. Localized flooding and some power outages are expected during the storm. We urge everyone to exercise extreme caution during this time.”
All University College Houses have 24/7 front desk staff, Security Officers, CHAS and Residential Services staff on duty.